1. MARKET REACH - Having online store means wider market reach. The market for your brick-and-mortar store is limited to customers who can physically visit your establishment. But if you have an online store at the same time, you have absolutely wider market reach, anyone can practically see and visit your online store.
2. ADDITIONAL REVENUE - Having a website for your business means a new source of revenue or sales. Customers are now gradually adapting online shopping trends because of its convenience.
3. OPEN 24/7 - One of the advantages of having an online store is because it is open 24 hours a day. Your customers can shop any time of the day and any day of the week, including holidays.
4. PAYMENT GATEWAYS - Small and medium business establishments normally accept cash payments only. With a website there are many payment options such as payment gateways for debit and credit cards, over-the-cuonter (OTC), online banking, remittance centers and, e-wallets.
5. AUTOMATED TRANSACTIONS - Selling online is now simple and easy with new technologies. Managing an online store does not require additional staff or personnel. Customers can shop in your online store themselves without assistance of sales clerk or cashier. Sales or transactions are also automatically recorded.
6. ADVERTISEMENT - Online presence is an effective and cost-efficient (if not free) way of promoting your business.
7. ONLINE SHOPPING WILL BE THE TREND - Digital transformation of your business is the best strategy to survive and stay relevant in the new retail trend.
In the coming years, online presence will not only be an option but necesary for a business to survive. Bill Gates has predicted it long ago when he said, "Go online or go out of business."